Thirty interesting facts about me:
1) I do not eat meat. I have been vegetarian for years. In college I did a project for my ethics class. And what started as a short term change became a life choice. I eat dairy and eggs, but not much.
2) I have lived in eight states. I was going to make them each a point. But it felt like cheating. They are in order: California, Oregon, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas and Washington.
3) But I have been to Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Montana, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri, Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. (32 states)
4) I lived for two years in Yosemite, the longest time I spent at the same address in my adult life.
5) I am trying to learn Spanish and French.
6) I’ve also been to Mt. Rushmore, Niagara Falls, Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Mt. St. Helen’s, Mt. Rainier, Lake Tahoe and the headwaters of the Mississippi.
7) My first job was at a sporting clay’s course. My worst job at a flower farm in Arcata. I’ve worked for six different newspapers. I’ve done temporary jobs like cleaning a court building, or re-stacking sandbags and tearing down a burned building in Manhattan.
8) I was raised Christian. But if I had to choose a religion now it would be Hinduism: vaisnava.
9) I have a sweet cat. She has lived with me since we met at a friends house. This was years ago. But she still reminds me of my friend.
10) I like reading Russian novels, War and Peace, Anna Karenina, etc.
11) I’ve been tracking all my spending for a couple years now.
12) When I lived in Boulder I made money doing Tarot readings. Then I worked as a phone psychic when I moved to Portland in 1999.
13) I’ve lived in the Portland area three times. The most of any area.
14) I lived on the street in Santa Cruz, San Francisco and Berkeley. Then when I moved to Portland the first time. But I also lived in my car when I moved back to Arcata in 2009.
15) I enjoy hitch-hiking.
16) Though I’ve never lived in Boulder. I’ve visited it the most of any other city.
17) I have one brother and one sister, but also one sister-in-law, and three sisters in spirit. And a couple street sister’s I will probably never see again.
18) Since I was young I have loved Madonna.
19) My favorite movie is Tiger and the Snow: favorite book is The Rebel, by Albert Camus: favorite song is My Moment by Rebecca Black.
20) I enjoy my job at Walmart. It is the longest job I have ever had in my life.
21) When not dreaming of being a writer, I am dreaming of being a fashion designer.
22) I’ve been going to the gym each week for over two years.
23) I haven’t voted for a Democrat since Bill Clinton. But, I’ve never voted for a Republican. I get more libertarian as I get older.
24) I have a small book collection. But also a collection of re-usable bags, sweatshirts and hats. Mostly from places I have lived or visited.
25) The only country I’ve been to outside the United States is Canada. (Which is another country, not outside America)
26) I don’t smoke or drink, or do any drugs. I find most television to be boring.
27) This list was hard for me to make because I don’t think of myself as being interesting.
28) I think often of moving to Eureka, Nevada.
29) For three months I lived in New York City.
30) My favorite water is VOSS water. Yes, I have a favorite water and it isn’t cheap.